Audiobooks are remarkable! I think we all agree that they bring stories to life in a uniquely magical way. They also have the fantastic added benefit of allowing us to fit more reading into our very busy lives. Whether we’re looking for some hands-free reading while smashing out our chores, going on our run, or heading off to work, audiobooks are most certainly our best friends. And with Storytel, it gets even better!
Founded in 2005, Storytel is one of the biggest audiobook and ebook subscription streaming services in the world. Its extensive library offers more than 500 000 options in over 20 different countries across the globe. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, and labelled under both the name Storytel and Mofibo, Storytel competes with Audible’s monthly credit model with its own different streaming model. It’s like the Netflix of audiobooks!
And the magic doesn’t stop there. As Storytel states on its website, its vision is to bring more empathy and creativity to the world. Its culture is characterised by being welcoming and helpful, and it aims to create a world where great stories can be shared and enjoyed by everyone, everywhere, and at any time. In four words, Storytel describes itself as friendly, welcoming, helpful, and innovative.
Storytel offers a whole range of features. With one monthly fee and no other hidden costs, Storytel provides its subscribers with unlimited listening and reading and access to an entire library of stories. This library is available in English and multiple other languages. In India alone, Storytel is available in English, Hindi, Marathi, Urdu, Bengali, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, and Kannada!
With Storytel’s personal recommendations feature, you can discover all your new favourites and listen to, or read, anything from fantastical novels to riveting biographies! Storytel also has a feature just for kids – Kid’s Mode allows children to explore the many joys of children books in a safe way. While in Kids Mode, your children will view their books under a filter and will only have access to a private bookshelf. Parents can also make sure that their children stay in Kids Mode by setting up a pin code.
Storytel also has a whole range of other features. These include access to:
• Listening and reading statistics • Storytel community reviews and book emojis • Bookmarks • Sleep timer
As well as the ability to:
• Change between reading and listening at any time • Adjust your listening speed • Download ebooks and audiobooks to enjoy offline • Listen and read on your smartphone, tablet, Chromecast, or smartwatch
Storytel does offer a free trial to all new subscribers.
This free trial lasts for 14 days and can be cancelled at any time. Storytel will ask you to provide a method of payment when you start your free trial but don’t worry! If you discontinue your subscription before your trial ends, you won’t be charged.
Storytel is available in over 20 countries around the world! This includes Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Colombia, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, Germany, Israel, India, Iceland, Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates.
Unfortunately, Storytel is not currently available in the USA or the UK.
Storytel and Audible are both great options when looking to listen to some audiobooks. But which is better?
Audible and Storytel are very similar, with one key difference. While Audible is a credit-based system that only gives you access to one free audiobook every month, Storytel is an audiobook streaming service. With Storytel, you can stream an unlimited number of audiobooks so long as you have an active Storytel subscription. As we mentioned, it is the Netflix of audiobooks!
Once you have a Storytel Family Plus subscription, you can cut the cost by sharing your subscription. Seeing as you can stream Storytel on 3 different devices simultaneously, sharing your subscription with other 2 people would save you more than 65%.
How? With Together Price, of course!
Together Price is the platform that lets you share the cost of your multi-account subscription in a legitimate, safe and secure way.
Together Price is an innovative platform on which to share your digital services.
Storytel Family Plus would only cost you $8.32 a month instead of $19.90 by sharing the cost in a group. Multiply the cost by 12 months, and you will notice how much you could save on Together Price.
Together Price gives you many benefits and advantages in one simple solution:
1. a trusted network based on high levels of control and reliability that can measure the credibility of every user;
2. a Tpassword system for the safety and security of your credentials and access to shared services;
3. a digital Wallet to keep all your payments under control;
4. a dedicated chat line where you can communicate with other users.
With Together Price, you share and save, and all the hassles are left to us!
Whether you become an Admin or a Joiner on Together Price, you will be able to enjoy the best digital sharing services.
Sharing has never been better with Together Price!
• Cheaper. Storytel costs only $9.99 per month, while Audible costs $14.95 per month.
• An unlimited library of audiobooks and ebooks.
• More categories. Unlike Amazon, Storytel does not only have books, but it also gives you access to poems, short stories, and serialised content.
• Sleep timer. With Storytel, you can set a sleep timer, and if you fall asleep within the timer window, the app will automatically close.
• Speed adjustment. You get to decide how fast to play your audiobook.
• A limited library compared to Amazon.
• Requires an active subscription. Unlike Amazon that allows you to keep your one-per-month audiobooks even once your subscription ends, Storytel allows you to listen to an unlimited number of audiobooks, but only so long as you are an active Storytel subscriber.